Museum Committee mission
Lieutenant-General Sir Sam Hughes
Our Museum Mission Statement
Sir Sam Hughes Branch 67
Our Museum Committee mission is to create, maintain and manage the Branch #67 Lindsay Museum for the enjoyment of the Branch members, families and guests in the Display Room and though out the Branch’s building and property,
- To provide a “well-thought-of” display of donated Canadian Military, Legion and Ladies Auxiliary artefacts and mementos related to Branch #67 and its member’s history and contribution to the Lindsay area and to Canada.
- To provide a place of reflection and study in the Branch for the enjoyment and use of Branch #67 members, families and guests.
- To provide an income source to the Branch.
For the enjoyment and benefit of our members, we will do this by:
- Visually displaying artefacts that have been donated to Branch #67 by
- The Ordinary members that served or are serving in the Canadian Armed Forces or Canadian Police Forces;
- By the Associate members whose relatives served or are serving in the Canadian Armed Forces or Canadian Police Forces or the Royal Canadian Legion.
- By the Affiliate members.
- By members of the public.
- Maintaining a reference library of donated reference materials related to Canadian military, police and Branch #67 where such reference materials would not normally be kept in other public libraries or other public mediums.
- Protecting, securing and preserving the collection and its reputation by:
- maintaining membership in the Ontario Museum Society, Canadian Heritage Information Network and a working relationship with the Legion Museum, the Victoria County Museum and/or other museums and organizations as appropriate;
- following OMA recognized management, preservation and display techniques, where reasonable;
- loaning artefacts to other museums and displays;
- borrowing from other museums and/or collectors/owners artefacts that would enhance special displays of our artefacts;
- re-donating to other museums donated artefacts and materials surplus to the Museum’s requirements or which do not conform to its mission.
- Providing a source of income to Branch #67 through
- the creation and sale of digital images of the collection;
- the one time sale of donated artefacts and materials surplus to the Museum’s requirements or which do not conform to its mission.
Records must be kept of those items donated, on loan and an evaluation to be applied to all artifacts for insurance purposes.
To view this artifact in person, please contact us for more information.